Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rodeo Day

Since we have entered in the preschool world, I have loved the themes that go along with the lesson plans.  This week Landon was studying the letter "R" and it stood for rodeo.  Mrs. Blankenship sent home a note for Landon to make a stick horse for rodeo week.  Since I am not Mrs. Creative, we got in our cars and drove to Toys R Us to buy a stick horse.  Since Grandma and Grandpa Bock were with us, they decided to actually buy the stick horse for Landon.  Even better.  Today was the last day of rodeo week and all the kids dressed up like cowboys or cowgirls.  Landon was a "preppy cowboy."  






6 comments:

Rachael said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Pictures

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the cowboy look! Wish I had know he needed a "horse" ... LuLu has LaVern that has been in various parades. She love small riders! Miss you guys!

Kristen said...

Hey Kari, Alec had a western day this week too...and dressed up as a cowboy. I guess it's National Cowboy awareness week or something :) You can see him dressed up and see a video clip on our blog. Talk to you later!

Eliza said...

OK...the horse is the cutest idea I have ever seen. Landon is so blessed to have a teacher that takes that much time for a theme. That takes so much effort, and really she doesn't have to! What a great teacher! I love you Landon!

Unknown said...

Hi, your blog name caught my eye because my son's name is also Landon. And he is obsessed with the Rodeo! Too cute.
Have a great day!