Monday, February 16, 2009

Birthday Number Three

Well, the time has come. He finally turned three years old. It's been a great birthday weekend. My parents came into town and spent it with the three of us. I didn't do a big party this year and it was really nice. :-) We started the day off my going to church and taking homemade red velvet cupcakes to Landon's Sunday School class. I have no idea why I made red velvet for ten 2 and 3 years old, but I did. The kids enjoyed them as well as the teachers. I knew I wanted something different than just your normal cake. Landon's first year I made a cake from scratch that was a truck construction theme. His second year I ordered basketball cupcakes from a local bakery here. So, I thought I would stick with the cupcake theme and do something different. They were amazing, thanks to good ole' Paula Deen. There is nothing like putting a pound of cream cheese along with four cups of powdered sugar and other things in the icing!

After church, we had chicken enchilada's here at the house and enjoyed napping on a Sunday afternoon. After naptime, we opened presents. Of course, Landon got many great presents. A new backpack, (the bigger one from Pottery Barn Kids), his first St. Louis Cardinals jersey, and many more things! After present time we headed to Old Chicago for dinner. It was great and we all ate too much. Did you know you can get four different kinds of french fries there? Wild.
After Old Chicago, we headed to jump mania for the evening which is Landon's favorite place to go. What a fun day it was in the life of Landon. Enjoy some of the pictures. Pray for Mommy tomorrow as she will be dropping off her three year old tomorrow at pre-school for the first time. WOW.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Landon's backpack is adorable! It sounds like you guys had a great birthday weekend! I can't wait to see pictures of his first day of pre-school!

Love,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Landon, I have been thinking about you and praying for you and your mom and dad today! I hope school was great. I love the pictures and glad your grandparents came for your birthday. I love you buddy, Miss Kathy

Rachael said...

Happy birthday! Mine was this weekend too! Good times!