Monday, February 09, 2009

Stressed-Out Mommy

What a day it has been! WOW! Have you ever had the case of the Monday's? I am sure having it today.

For those of you that don't know, a week from tomorrow my almost three year old will be starting pre-school Monday-Thursday mornings. My original thoughts on this were that I can go to the gym during the day by myself, I would get some "alone" time, and get caught up on the everyday things. Well, that isn't the case much anymore. I am in freak-out mode. I am not sure that is a word, but I am making it up if it isn't. To see your baby leave and go into a world I will never know is EXTREMELY hard! Even though he will be three years old, he is just a baby. Tear. I know he is ready and I am 50 percent ready. We have had the opportunity to visit his class several times for him to become familiar with his surroundings. The teachers and kids are wonderful. I couldn't ask for anything better for Landon. So, stay tuned for more "adventures" as we enter into this whole new world for Landon and his parents.



10 comments:

Rachael said...

I have done it with 2 of my kids. I am not going to lie, it is hard--at first--then you begin to realize you really did need some time alone. Trust me, it will get easier and better. And once you see Landon progressing and changing you will be so happy for him that it will all be alright.

Eliza said...

I was truly amazed at how calm you were about it! I am so proud of you mommy and boy will Landon have so much fun! I am praying for you! I don't know if I could handle it, honestly...glad I am not there yet!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe he is going to preschool. How is that possible! I can't believe he is going to be three! Wow! I can't wait to see pictures of his first days of pre-school! Love you

Nate Bock said...

I'm there with you babe! We will make it through together! I love you!

xoxo erika said...

I can't believe he is almost three and going to preschool. That is crazy! Take lots of pictures for us! And we're praying for mommy and daddy:)

Anonymous said...

I am sure he will be amazing and you will get used to it.

Anonymous said...

We will be praying. Thanks for the updates and for sharing your heart. Love, Kathy

theotherlion said...

I hope you are doing okay! It is so hard those first few weeks, but it does get better. And the benefits will be tremendous for both of you!

Anonymous said...

That's exciting that he's starting preschool! I hope it goes well!

MyBoyandGirls said...

How was Landon's 3rd Birthday?
I still remember like it was yesterday when we were pregnant together. This is sad- but he will be fine- I promise. :)