Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Ultimate Luchadore (wrestler)

Ah, yes, the innocence of a little boy and his daddy wrestling on the floor is an image we all love to see!




It was an ordinary Tuesday morning. I (Nate) was getting ready to leave for work and Landon wanted to wrestle before I left. Having been issued a challenge, I could not deny him a match. As we began, everything seemed to be going my way.









But suddenly the tables had turned and I found myself underneath the man child as he began to do his worst to me. He came at me with a barrage of kisses and slobber moves with the occasional bit of laughter, just to throw me off my game. But I wasn't going to let him get the best of me! After all, he is only 19 months old; he can't possibly beat me at wrestling until he gets to be in his late teenage years or even his twenties!









And then it happened. Landon pulled the most devastating submission move ever known to man (you can imagine my pride as the father of such an amazing man child who figured out the way to beat an opponent over 8.4 times bigger than he is!).



Landon threw up in my mouth.




As I gasped for words, air, and the will to live, I cried out for help from Kari. All she could do was lay on the floor and laugh (laughing so hard that no sound was coming out of her mouth). She proved to be no help, so I had to submit. Landon had bested this old man. Thus, he earned the name "The Ultimate Luchadore."

12 comments:

Amanda said...

No! Way! That is too much! He is the Ultimate Fighting Champion!

Vaughn and Kay Bradley said...

Oh Dear! The moral is to not mess with Landon early in the morning! So much fun and laughs just the same - good memories.
Hugs & Kisses!

Anonymous said...

It has been a long time since I laughed that much!!! Too bad the camera wasn't rolling!! Give LA a big hug for me. Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I cannot stop laughing! That is hilarious!

Eliza said...

Uncle Daniel and Aunt Eliza are dying laughing right now!!! I love it that Kari laughed to your aid...so funny!

Anonymous said...

dadgum! LANDON! i am so proud! stacy and my mom told me to read the blog today..but i wasn't expecting it to be this hilarious!

love you guys.

Anonymous said...

I always knew Landon had one up on you Nate. You taught him well. Keep us laughing with these stories, they are great!! Love you, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I laugh everytime I read the story. Too funny....

Ga'Ma

Phil Christensen said...

oh i love it so much! this will undoubtedly become a trademark move, even when he gets old enough to beat you physically. kind of a trump card, don't you think?

with love from london,
Phil and Andrew

Amy Corbin said...

That is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time! I can't tell you how much I laughed! Hope ya'll are doing well!

Eliza said...

I'm still laughing!!!

Anonymous said...

I finally read the post!! That's the funniest story ever. I can picture Kari on the floor laughing her head off! Poor Nate I would have lost it. Go Landon :)
Brian is in China and I'm surviving.

Miss ya!! Jaymie