Sunday, February 01, 2009

Date Your Mate

Why is it that the weekends always go so fast? When I worked full-time they went even faster. Now that I am a stay-at-home Mom the weekends have a little different meaning that just catching up on laundry, cleaning, and paying bills. I guard our weekend time because it's a time for all three of us together and a chance for Nate and I to have occasional date nights. On Friday night, we went to Bijan's for our good friend Josh's birthday. We have always wanted to go, so this was the perfect excuse. I really wish I would have taken a picture of our food, but I totally forgot. It was wonderful and we had a great time enjoying conversation without toddler boys crawling on us, jumping out of their seats, or wanting to play cars on the floors of the restaurant.

On Saturday, Nate had Youthquake all day. Youthquake is a student evangelistic event that takes place all day. They had about 1,200 students in attendance and lots of decisions for Christ. It makes it all worth it for Nate to be gone all day when you hear of those decisions.

Today (Sunday) was our normal Sunday routine. Wake up, eat breakfast, watch Curious George while Mommy gets ready for church, and then off to church. The last two weeks have been hard for Landon. Each week I have come to get him and he is crying. Is it possible for an almost three year old to be going through mommy withdrawls again? I think this is the third time we have been down this road. Bless his teachers hearts. They love and adore him and personally I think they give him extra attention. Too sweet.

Here are a few pictures of our date night with Josh and Jerica.


Landon didn't want Megan (the babysitter) to leave, so he put her coat on so she would stay.


Nate, Kari, Jerica, and Josh


Josh and Nate


Jerica and I

6 comments:

xoxo erika said...

Landon is too cute in Megan's coat! I am so jealous. I LOVE Bijans! What did you get?

xoxo erika said...

Landon looked too cute in Megan's coat! I am so jealous...Bijan's?!?! I love that place!

Amanda said...

Bijan's is yum! I used to hope we'd see Brad and Jennifer there when we'd come to town. Not so much now. Boo!

Rachael said...

Marc and I go out at least once a week--it's so important for couples to keep the spark...

And as for the 3-year old still needing his mom--typical for the most part, but, we also have to remember the X factor and know that anxiety plays a big part in that...

Are you going to Washington D.C for advocacy day???

Anonymous said...

Landon you are adorable and I love the new blog. I am so glad that you love your baby sitter. I wish I could be your baby sitter. Love you buddy. Miss Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nate and Kari. Remember the Mooneys - yes, way back to those HLG days! I found your blog a while back. It's been fun to read what's going on. Would love to catch up more. Send me an email when you have a chance.
a.mooney@juno.com