Sunday, August 24, 2008

Promotion Sunday

As early to late August approaches, all church people have heard the two words "Promotion Sunday." Today was promotion Sunday at our church. Landon would move upstairs to the bigger rooms with a little more structure to their church time. We had the opportunity to visit the room last week to get used to the idea. As any Mom would be, I was really nervous today. I wanted the transition to go smoothly with no tears and no clinging to the neck! Do you guys know what I am saying?? Also, I am teaching a new group of girls and really wanted to be on time for the dance-off Nate was making us do as he was introducing the new student ministry teachers for the 2008-2009 school year. Wow, that was a sight to see! I should have had my camera, but I didn't. I will have to report that Landon basically ran to his new room and didn't look back! I was thrilled. I left as quick as I could so he wouldn't even think of looking back for me. I got a small, small glimpse of what it will be like in a few months when he goes to pre-school. I don't think I am ready! Here he is looking mighty fine today.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love seeing pictures of Landon smiling! He has the most amazing smile! I miss you guys!

Love,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hey. Our promotion Sunday is Sun, Sept 7. We'll see how Carter does. We need to get together sometime soon.

Heather

Rachael said...

cute pics! You look great too!

xoxo erika said...

Ahhh...Landon you are too cute. We miss you and can't wait to see you again. I'm so glad you had fun at church with Miss Cyndi. Oh, and how did mommy do in the dance off?

Anonymous said...

i am waiting..... =)

Aunt Kristin